Eight Night Best of Botswana Mobile Safari
An itinerary with the highly regarded Specialist Guide Services this eight night safari focuses on the wildlife areas of northern Botswana. There are no fixed departures and the itinerary can be tailored to your requirements
Operating on a north south axis this interesting mobile safari allows guests to experience the premier national parks and game reserves of northern Botswana. Departing from the famous Chobe and travelling to the mystical Savute region of the Chobe National Park before exploring the magnificent Khwai and Okavango Delta regions of the Moremi Game Reserve.
Operated at three service levels, from the semi participation Mopane and Acacia levels to the fully serviced Marula level. Specialist Guide Services only offer bespoke departures and are able to tailor any itinerary. Families are well catered for with a custom family tent.
Day by Day Itinerary
On Day 2 there will be an early wake up call followed by a light continental breakfast before you leave in a morning game drive to track animals large and small. You will return to camp at approximately 11am, depending on what you find, for a light lunch/brunch. After this you can relax in camp and enjoy a siesta before heading off again in the afternoon around 3pm for a game drive and then back to camp for a hot bush shower and dinner under the stars. Along the Chobe riverfront the terrain is that of a typical riverine ecosystem. Away from the river we have mixed miombo and broadleaved woodland that harbours rich avifauna. Northern Chobe is famous for its huge elephant and buffalo herds, puku, kudu, Chobe bushbuck and hippo as well as diverse bird life. One could also hope to see: lion, leopard, wild dog, giraffe, waterbuck, zebra, impala
On Day 4 you have a whole day to explore Savute. An early start in the morning with a break in camp during the heat of the day for lunch and a rest, then back out in the afternoon ensures the best chances of seeing plentiful game. The Marsh in Savuti is typical grassland surrounded by Acacia bush and stony outcrops. Savute is famous for its lone elephant bulls, its lions and hyaenas as well as the zebra and wildebeest migrations. Other game one can hope to see include: giraffe, tsessebe, warthog, black-backed jackal, leopard, cheetah, bat-eared fox, impala, wild dog, kudu.
On Day 6 you have a whole day to explore Moremi Game Reserve Khwai region. Moremi is the protected extension of the Okavango Delta and offers a typical wetland system with grassy plains and pans surrounded by well-developed mopane forests and riverine woodland. Huge breeding herds of elephant are common as are lechwe, waterbuck, impala, hippos. One can also hope to see buffalo, giraffe, bushbuck, lion, wild dog, leopard, cheetah,
black-backed and side-striped jackal, zebra, wildebeest, tsessebe, bush babies, fruit bats, sable, kudu, roan, steenbok, duiker, honey badger. The birdlife includes water birds as well as dry land birds.
Approximately a 4 hour drive from your camping area in the delta.
RATES FOR NINE NIGHT NORTHERN BOTSWANA MOBILE SAFARI
Priced per person for group of four. Alternate group size pricing available on request.
SPECIALIST GUIDE SERVICES SERVICE LEVELS
• Walk-in Mini Meru tents (4 x 3m) with built-in floors, mosquito gauze on two door and four windows
• Small shaded front verandah with door mats and chairs
• Iron beds with double density mattresses (120mm / 5 in) (in a canvas bedroll to keep bedding dust proof when moving camp)
• Full linen (one pillow & pillow case; sheets, duvet, duvet cover and two extra blankets; bath and hand towels & face cloth)
• Walk-in tents (3 x 3m) with built-in floors, mosquito gauze on door and windows
• Small shaded front verandah with door mats
• Camp beds with camp (80mm/ 3 in) mattresses (in a bedroll to keep bedding dust proof when moving camp)
• Full linen (1 pillow, pillow case, sheets, duvet, duvet cover, 1 x towel & 1 x light extra blanket)
• Canvas tents (2 x 2m) mosquito gauze on door and windows.
• GroundMattress with , 1 pillow, pillow case, sheets, blanket and bath towel
• Toiletries: (toilet paper only) Please remember to bring your toiletries with you
• Shared shower (private portable shower filled on requestwith hot water by camp staff).
• Shared bush toilet (toilet seat over a pre-dug pit with ash to fill in as you go).