Nine Night Northern Botswana Mobile Safari
Offered by the well respected Specialist Guide Services this nine night safari includes three unique areas of northern Botswana. There are no fixed departures and the itinerary can be tailored to your requirements
This excellent mobile safari allows small groups to experience the wilds of northern Botswana in a flexible and personal way. Exploring three unique environments from the dry Kalahari at Nxai Pan to the magical permanent wetlands of the Okavango Delta.
Nxai Pan in the northern Kalahari is a productive wildlife area with a waterhole providing important respite in this arid region. The Khwai area on the eastern side of the Moremi Game Reserve combines great scenery with excellent wildlife. The Okavango Delta is a unique wetland and provides unmatched wildlife experiences.
Operated at three service levels, from the semi participation Mopane and Acacia levels to the fully serviced Marula level. Specialist Guide Services only offer bespoke departures and are able to tailor any itinerary. Families are well catered for with a custom family tent.
Day by Day Itinerary
Another famous point of interest is Baines Baobabs which were named after the famous painter and explorer of the last century Thomas Baines, who painted this unusual group of baobabs in 1862 during his journeys through Southern Africa. The seven giant trees dominate a small island on the edge of the open grassless Kudiakam Pan.
While the staff set up the new camp in Khwai the clients can enjoy a sundowner in their new surroundings. On Day 5 and 6 you have 2 whole days to explore Moremi Game Reserve Khwai region. Moremi is the protected extension of the Okavango Delta and offers a typical wetland system with grassy plains and pans surrounded by well-developed mopane forests and riverine woodland. Huge breeding herds of elephant are common as are lechwe, waterbuck, impala, hippos. One can also hope to see buffalo, giraffe, bushbuck, lion, wild dog, leopard, cheetah, black-backed and side-striped jackal, zebra, wildebeest, tsessebe, bush babies, fruit bats, sable, kudu, roan, steenbok, duiker, honey badger. The birdlife includes water birds as well as dry land birds
Approximately a 4 hour drive from your camping area in the Delta.
RATES FOR NINE NIGHT NORTHERN BOTSWANA MOBILE SAFARI
Priced per person for group of four. Alternate group size pricing available on request.
SPECIALIST GUIDE SERVICES SERVICE LEVELS
• Walk-in Mini Meru tents (4 x 3m) with built-in floors, mosquito gauze on two door and four windows
• Small shaded front verandah with door mats and chairs
• Iron beds with double density mattresses (120mm / 5 in) (in a canvas bedroll to keep bedding dust proof when moving camp)
• Full linen (one pillow & pillow case; sheets, duvet, duvet cover and two extra blankets; bath and hand towels & face cloth)
• Walk-in tents (3 x 3m) with built-in floors, mosquito gauze on door and windows
• Small shaded front verandah with door mats
• Camp beds with camp (80mm/ 3 in) mattresses (in a bedroll to keep bedding dust proof when moving camp)
• Full linen (1 pillow, pillow case, sheets, duvet, duvet cover, 1 x towel & 1 x light extra blanket)
• Canvas tents (2 x 2m) mosquito gauze on door and windows.
• GroundMattress with , 1 pillow, pillow case, sheets, blanket and bath towel
• Toiletries: (toilet paper only) Please remember to bring your toiletries with you
• Shared shower (private portable shower filled on requestwith hot water by camp staff).
• Shared bush toilet (toilet seat over a pre-dug pit with ash to fill in as you go).